Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our first training session on GRASS

I'm still psyched about this snow-melting thing!! Enough snow melted yesterday to make a patch of grass big enough for one-jump training, so this morning I trained Mika on grass for the first time this year. We're working through the Clean Run articles on turning cues, and I'm seeing a difference in Mika's collection towards the jump when I give a lack of motion cue. On the first rep she had a great turn. On the second rep she actually pulled off the jump because I cued too early (for once! I often cue late). On the third rep I cued at the right time and she had a perfect turn. Awesome!

5 comments:

  1. Cool. The grass is starting to poke through for me, too. Spring will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grass? No way! How is it that somebody who lives in Canada has grass to practice on before me? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on your little patch of green! Sounds like a great training session and Mika must be really listening well/understanding and reading you well to pull off the jump when you cued early, and to have had a perfect turn when you cued just right, what a good puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being able to see grass. We can see hyou hoping around on the green stuff in our mind.

    Exxex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete