Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Regionals preparation

I won't be using my old list on things to do to prepare Mika for Regionals anymore, because I now know what we really have to concentrate on after trialling again, and practicing a bit more.

Here's a new list, in no particular order:

-distance skills
Mika isn't confident enough at a distance to run in Masters Gamblers yet, so we'll have to work on this.

-staying in the weaves, not popping out
I find that Mika gets her entry if I don't crowd her and send her ahead a bit to let her find the entry, so we need to concentrate most on staying in the poles. We'll work with 18 poles when the field opens, so she'll be used to weaving 18 poles and won't anticipate like she does with 12.

-handling
Needs work. Period. ;)

-jump wraps
She doesn't really know how to do a tight wrap around a jump. We'll be working on this quite a bit.

-common patterns
I'll train her how to run common patterns independently. pinwheels, serpentines, 180's, etc.

I have major writing block.

~Nat

(EDIT: See, I told you I had writer's block...I can't even type "writer's block!")

No comments:

Post a Comment