Monday, September 28, 2009

24" weaves

So I set up the stick-in-the-ground weaves at 24" spacing (new rules for AAC, coming September 2010). Wall-e is doing 12 straight poles with guide wires now. (after working through Steps 1-6 of 2x2. He didn't understand Step 7 so we went back to WAM's/guides/channels to finish his weave training.) He is definitely going faster at 24". I tried Mika then, and the first time she popped out because she wasn't sure of what to do with her feet! The second time she mis-stepped a couple times (she would hop and then have to take another hopping stride to make it far enough to the next pole), but finished the set. I think that once she gets used to it, she'll be just fine at 24" weaves. The rule change will only take place in September 2010 anyway.

~Nat

3 comments:

  1. You stole my blog layout, lol. I tried Blue on 24 in stick in the grounds and she fine with it as I recall. I'll need to try it again with both dogs as Truly wasn't weaving yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh whoops, sorry!! I didn't even notice, I just chose a random layout that looked nice. It's only temporary because I'm going to make a new header picture (in colour this time!) and choose a layout to match it :)

    How big is Blue? Wall-e is about 14.5" and Mika is 12.75". Wall-e also has a longer stride than Mika so I'm not surprised that he adjusted to the 24" so much better.

    ~Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just joking, I think it's a nice layout, obviously. Now if I could just figure out how to steal the colors from it and use them on a different layout.

    Blue is 17" and Truly is 15-15.5". I don't remember how Sirius liked them and she is 23".

    ReplyDelete